Sunday, July 14, 2013

"I got notes like: Freak! And another that said: Get out of our school, orc!" pg. 208
"The didn't play tricks on me, I think, because they knew that if they got caught "bullying me" it would be big-time trouble for them. Jack, they figured, was an easier target." The monkey in the middle in the locker room, swiping the paper off his desk and other torments of dropping pencil shavings in his backpack. Bullying is terrorizing regardless of who you are. Picking on Auggie because he was deformed is no different than teasing Jack and picking on him because he was an "easy target". Bullying is mean and something that seems to be taking it's toll in schools today. I hate bullying and the effects it has on kids. I hate kids feeling unsafe, unwanted and unloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment